Friday, February 25, 2011

Gray day

 


I went for over a month without blogging.  I didn't intend to, but I kept feeling the need to get "caught up" on life before I spent my time writing.  Well, guess what?  I'm not caught up.  Oh well, I figure if I wait for that, I'll be waiting a while.

Life has been full lately.  In fact, I've decided to ease back in to blogging--with newsy little posts talking about what I've been up.  I'm calling them "Life Lately".    You can read about my life as a porcupine, and my attempt at nester-like window mis-treatments.  There are more of these riveting posts to come.  :0)

Today, I'm just talking about today.  It's Friday and I'm catching up with the Company Girls.  My day-off Friday agenda includes another visit to my needle-weilding PT, helping my mom get ready for a baby shower she is hosting tomorrow, picking up Bubba from school, accompanying Dave to his latest back procedure, and caring for Pickle who is home with a migraine.

And after a sunny week, today we woke up to fog and frost and snow flurries.   GRAY.  But pretty in it's own way.
this is actually a picture of two trees in our yard--if you look closely, you'll see that Dave unintentionally lined the trees up, and some of the branches belong to the one way closer to the curb.  :)
my frosted-on-one-side bush
For those of you following along, Dave's back procedure today is the latest idea the latest doctor wants him to pursue.  He will be getting the nerves that give him the most trouble deadened/killed.  I guess the nerves will grow back in several months, but the hope is they will grow back happy.  (I obviously don't really understand).  Today is just the first step, where anesthetic is shot into the specific place to determine if indeed they got the right spot.  He will be sedated--so I will be with him.  If you are a pray-er, please pray that they get it right and that he finds some relief.  In prep for these procedures he can't take his pain meds for 5 days--so it's been a rough week.

Well, bloggies, it's time to bundle up and get out the door with plenty of time to take it slow on the slick roads.  My mood today is not gray like the outdoors--I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for this day.  Each day is an adventure as I walk with Him.

***Update 6:40 pm.  Dave did fine at his procedure--however, the results weren't great.  It was diagnostic to see if they killed the nerves there, would it help.  We were to know right away in the recovery room.  He had no relief.  SO, we are back to the drawing board.  Boo.



7 comments:

Diane said...

The human pincushion post had me laughing and cringing at the same time! I've had needles with electrodes stuck in my hand/palm/arm for a carpal tunnel test - not fun.

Will pray for your hubby's tests, that the results are great and don't give you cause for your neck/shoulders to tense back up!

Megan said...

i love those grey pictures! we have snow here (south of seattle, which is unusual) and i love waking up to that eerie blue glow coming through the windows, and the calm and quiet that descends whenever the snow is falling, even if it's just falling off the trees. enjoy it! soon we'll be complaining that it's too hot out!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, I am so sorry that the procedure did not go well for your Hubby. Goodness! I had some recent twinges in my back and it brought back such awful memories for me. I went to the chiropractor a couple of times and have been fine. I so hope you husband can find relief.

Wishing for you a wonderful weekend!

Marianne said...

I am so sorry about your husbands backpain. I myself did something this morning to my back and neck and are now sitting with heat pads on it just barely able to turn my head. It is not good and I hope that they eventually will find out what works for him too.
I am also constantly trying to catch up on my life and just like you have had to realize that life happens and you just have to hang on as well as you can. I hope you catch on somewhat this weekend. Take care.

Anonymous said...

My dad had a very similar thing done recently for his back. It seemed to have helped but he will go back for a follow up next week. Something in his back was making his leg hurt. I pray that they will figure out what's wrong with your hubby, and also prayers for Pickle. I had this continuous headache the past 2 days and it finally went away. Hard to care for 2 little ones with that pain. Anyhow, glad to hear from you, and I know what you mean by catching up. Take it easy this weekend.

secondofwett said...

I'm very sorry your husband's procedure didn't give him some relief...it must be very hard on both of you. Hope the doctor's come up with a plan that works!

One More Equals Four said...

So sorry your hubby's procedure didn't bring any relief, I know that is frustrating. I hope y'all can find something to help soon.

It is amazing, isn't it, how life seems to get in the way of blogging...I can totally relate. We are having a stormy weekend here...but no snow so I can't complain too much, although another night with six people in the half bath under the stairs isn't too appealing!

Hope you had a little relaxation time this weekend, blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails