Thursday, June 24, 2010
Yesterday, my son said "tetherball" as his God Sighting. I wondered about it for a second ( in that "seriously? that's what you said? kind of way) and realized that he is learning to give God the credit for everything--including a good time he had playing with his friends. The kiddos are learning to look for God and expecting to see Him!
Here are some of my God Sightings this week:
* three sweet ladies who have provided supper for us this week to lighten the load of a busy week.
* A little girl who I don't know brought me a rose today to say thank you for VBX--and she had tears in her eyes as she gave me two big hugs.
* Many instances of things working out, just in the nick of time. :)
* The opportunity to sit for an hour with a visitor's mom who really needed prayer and encouragement.
* a VBX staff that truly loves God and kids and that bring energy and enthusiasm each day!
* God giving me the words to say today as I talked to the kids about the gospel.
* A diet-coke-bearing friend. (thanks Bethie!).
* The mom who thanked us because on Monday night, while she sat in the ER for a scary allergic reaction, was encouraged by her daughter with what she learned just that morning at VBX.
Do you watch for God? Do you expect to see Him at work? He's there...