Saturday, December 4, 2010

Confession Time

I have a few confessions for you this Saturday morning.

I didn't wake up until 8 am.

I am still in bed at 10 am.

Hubby is dozing and snoring next to me in a prescription pain med-induced slumber.  My doggie is curled up in as small of a ball as he can get into right next to him.  My teenaged daughter is sleeping off a migraine-dominated week in her room.  My 10 year old son is playing the wii downstairs--I can hear his running commentary up here.

I took this pic of Patch with my ipod a few days ago when he was all snuggled up in our unmade bed.  It was most fitting for my post this morning...
It seems I have nothing to do.  But another confession?  My comfy bed is in a very messy room at the moment, with laundry screaming to be done.  There is shopping to do, bills to pay, classrooms to set up for church tomorrow, and some much-needed family organization to conquer.

I tell myself I'm enjoying a rare moment of quiet and rest and happily catching up on blogs.  And I am.

But in reality, I know when I get up, I need to hit the ground running.  So my feet are staying under the covers for a bit longer....

Happy Saturday, bloggies.

5 comments:

Karen said...

Aw, Dawn, enjoy your Saturday! Love that pic, too!

Craig said...

Isn’t it funny how they have to give blow by blow descriptions of the Wii play?

I get it.

I’ve been working way harder than my body allows. So anytime you can stop the clock from starting – I say – go for it.

God Bless, fellow bloggie

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Well, good for you, bet you feel refreshed when you did get up. It's good to just deviate from the norm once in a while.

Love the picture!

Holiday blessings!

Mary said...

Oh, I love Saturdays like that!
Patch is just adorable!

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Rest is essential, so don't feel guilty. Hope you have a blessed week, Dawn.

Related Posts with Thumbnails