Wednesday, June 10, 2009

There's some big stuff coming...

Don’t you love the slower pace of summer? Less places to be, less to do, you know, the lazy, hazy days and all that? Well, if you are enjoying summer slo-mo, you'll have to tell me about it…cause life hasn’t slowed down much for me. There is some big stuff coming, and the prep is keeping us pretty busy.

First of all, vacation bible school is only 5 days away. I can’t believe I just said that, cuase I think I am supposed to be way more stressed about it…since I am in charge, and did I mention it is only 5 days away?? I’m preferring to assume it is God’s grace and peace, rather than that I’m forgetting something huge. (I’m definitely one of those people who has recurring nightmares about taking a trip I forgot to pack for, or realizing at the end of the semester that I forgot all about attending one of my classes, or being on stage without having learned my lines.) I have a lot to do…but feel calm about it at the moment. Peace that passes understanding...and maybe a bit of denial.

Actually, it has been so amazing to watch the people from church step up and do what they are good at, and passionate about. I am blessed to have lots of help. I love that for the second year in a row snacks and crafts were the first areas to be volunteered for. I love that two wonderful ladies get so excited about decorating our church for vbs—nothing is too overwhelming for them (in fact, our sanctuary is already sporting a wooden shack, dock and cypress trees, and they are just getting started!). I love that one wonderful mom offers to contact the families of all kids with allergies and provide special snacks that accommodate those kids. I love that one friend is heading up a prayer team and plans to be on site praying each morning. I could go on and on…

Secondly, after VBS we are going to Hawaii!!!! We are going on a cruise with hubby’s whole family and we can’t wait! But, we must make sure we have what we need together, cause it will be here before we know it. So, swimsuits all around, closed toe shoes for hiking and the zipline, nice enough shorts and shirts and skirts to wear to dinner, etc. etc. so we’ve been shopping, and buying, and returning, and buying again. And wishing we were tan, and in shape. The Big D and I will apparently need to stand behind our kiddos a lot…they will look good. J

So there are some big things on the horizon…and I am so grateful for the awesome things keeping us busy. Not to mention, the first competition episode of So You Think You Can Dance has just begun…and I’m SO hooked already! The very first couple’s performance was amazing. LOVED it. Must. Stop. Blogging. And. Watch. The. Rest.

And then work on my hula...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails