It's Friday, and time to link up with my bloggie friends over at Home Sanctuary. Hi girls! I'm sipping my diet coke with you on the run today...so, excuse me for rattling off a few things in list format..that is the best I can do today!
1. Last weekend I went to the Women of Faith conference with my mom and sister. We had a terrific time. I laughed a lot and shed a few tears. I feel like I gulped in some encouragement and some things to think about as well. I imagine some of these thoughts might make their way into my blog as I have a moment to process them. If you have a chance to go to WOF--I recommend it!
2. This weekend (starting tonight!) I have a women's connection weekend at my church. It should be a great chance to connect (hence the name, huh?) with friends and make some new ones too. I also have some other church-busyness before and after the connections weekend--so imagine by Sunday evening when all is done I'm gonna be wiped!
3. This week was an emotionally distracting one as well--as we had some anniversaries to face. On Tuesday, we remembered both my niece and nephew who both were born into heaven before they made it to our arms. Earl Steven--17 years ago Tuesday--son of hubby's dear sister. And Sadie Grace--5 months ago Tuesday--daughter of my sweet sister. They each have affected my life profoundly even in their absence. Then, Wednesday was the 10 year anniversary of my son Aidan's death. That's a loaded week! I found myself reflective, but not sad. I mostly found myself in awe of all God has done in my life in the decade since Aidan died. I went for it and began blogging about Aidan--I'm sure there will be more.
4. With all that said, throw in a knee problem for Pickle requiring medical appointments and decisions about dance school, and a school project for Bubba that he needs some BIG help with...and I feel just a bit not-on-top-of-things and desperately need a day (or five) to catch up. I feel like maybe I should run and catch up with myself to see how I'm doing...know what I mean?
5. I did get to have dinner last night with a friend who I don't get to spend enough time with...and that was refreshing. My running-at-100-miles-an-hour heart got a chance to slow down, and enjoy some conversation with my friend. She entrusted me with some things that were awkward for her to share, which I completely appreciate. I love you, friend!
My life is full. Full of busyness and messiness, full of joy, full of running around, full of parenting, full of relationships, full of humbling (yikes), full of ministry, full of family, full of God's grace. I love what my life is full of...and I need to remember that as I feel the weight of it's fullness.