On Fridays I link up with the Company Girls for a weekly bloggie chat.
Hi Girls--Diet Coke and cinnamon bread in hand, I'm ready to catch up with you. Here's a bit of my life since we last linked up:
1) Friday night we had our small group meeting for the first time in over a month. It was so good to be together with the "groupies" at our home. It was nutso leading up to the evening (read my mishaps of the weekend here), but so great to be together, I just had to blog about them on Tuesday.
2) We've had SNOW. We had a two hour school delay on Monday, schools were closed on Wednesday and Thursday. And today, another two hour delay. There is a new element to snow days at our house these days--and that is that my hubby's job now requires him to make the call on snow days for the private school he works at. That means if there is a chance of weather issues, he has to get up at 4 am and begin a several hour process of phone calls, decisions and notifying news agencies. He has been so tired from all the early mornings! The weather is supposed to improve for the weekend, and the sun is out this morning...
3) A few weeks ago I mentioned that we were excited to have a candidate for Senior Pastor in town for the weekend. I am thrilled to say that the church board decided to call him (offer him the job) and he has accepted! It's been 1o months without a pastor so far, and by the new year we will have a Senior Pastor again! I will have a boss, and our church will have a leader. We are so thankful!! God is good.
4) This weekend we are welcoming my in laws for a month long visit...they aren't staying with us, but we hope to see them often. This kids spent part of snow day #2 cleaning their rooms and today I'm going to try and catch up on some cleaning in preparation for their arrival. In my dream world, my home is in a constant state of clean...but in reality....not so much.
5) Confession: I'm a bit of a fuddy-duddy when it comes to Halloween. It is not my favorite holiday for a couple of personal reasons. I am not one who thinks about costumes for my kids way in advance...nor do I get into the whole scary-spooky thing. I do have an appreciation for all of the creativity that abounds at this time of year, but regardless, I procrastinate and am often scrambling for quick and easy costumes. SO, today (after school!) we are pulling together a costume for my daughter who has a costume party tonight. She is going to be an artist, at least we know that. I'll post a pic when we figure it out. And I suppose we should buy some candy...
6) Besides all of that, Bubba's 9th birthday is on Monday! His birthday party is next weekend and I have got to get invitations in the mail today. Hubby and I still need to decide what his gifts will be (he wants everything, so that should be easy) and shop for them before Monday.
Yikes! Lots to do...better get on with it...here I go! If all I have to do is stressing you out like it is me, you may need a laugh. Read a classic dawn story here--hope it makes you chuckle. Have a great Friday everyone!