Wednesday, August 19, 2009

it makes all the difference...



Bubba headed off for his first day of third grade at a new school this morning. He is transferring to a private school because hubby started working there in January as the Business Manager of the group of schools. We met Bubba's teacher yesterday, and she seems as sweet as can be. He has a class of just 18 which will be great. I have absolutely no concerns about him making friends, or fitting in, or having a good experience there.

In fact, one day recently we had this conversation:

"Bubba, I'm not worried about you making new friends, cause you make friends so easily."

"I know Mom, I make friends every day." (don't you love that?)

Anyway, so I'm not concerned at all, but wondered if he was feeling at all apprehensive. As I loved all over him before he left, I told him how proud of him I was. That even though I don't think that there is anything to be afraid of, I still think he is being very brave.

"Because daddy's there," he said.

It makes all the difference to know his daddy is nearby and involved in this new life of his. It makes him brave. It makes him able to walk boldly into this new situation.

It's not different than my life. My relationship with my Heavenly Father makes all the difference. To know He is with me, and involved in my life, and in control...this is how I can face each day--the easy, fun ones...and the hard, dark ones too. Not that I don't get scared sometimes...but I am reassured by His presence.
With me.
Always.
It makes all the difference...

PS. Just for fun, here's Pickle ready for her first day yesterday. Grade 8. Be still my heart.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

How sweet... and true!

Regarding your ps...

Just wait 'til next year when it's high school!

Melodie Monberg said...

I didn't know you had a blog! smile

Rita Springer sings the song, "I have to Believe" I couldn't find a decent recording on youtube to upload...the song sticks in your head!

Thanks for your prayers! I'm looking forward to entering babyland again!

Missy said...

Awesome! And oh, my word, she is so OLD. So cute and grown up and like, I bet she wipes her own bottom and everything. I can't even imagine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails