Monday, January 25, 2010

getting my gratitude on




Last week, I told you about my decision to document One Thousand Gifts--as a deliberate focus on being thankful.

I'm writing them and numbering them in my journal, and on Mondays, I will post a few gifts from the past week. I'd love you to join me by either posting a few of your gifts in my comments, or linking to your blog post in my comments.

Here are a few from this week:

#9 A little bloggie award.


Thank you to my bloggie friend Dawn at Beyond Grace for awarding me with the VERY prestigious Lemonade Stand Blog Award . That's right. Those comments you read from Dawn on my blog are not me talking to myself--she is a real woman with a great blog and a lot in common with me besides our name. Check her blog out here.

I don't know the bloggie award rules, but I do think I'm supposed to pass this award on to other bloggers who have "a great attitude and gratitude". I am going to pass this award to Beth at Like a Day Off. Beth is a fairly new blogger too...and I love reading her thoughts on life from her perspective. Plus, she's my real-life, in the flesh, friend and I love her. Go check out her blog!

#16 Ice cream. Can I hear an amen??
Blue Bunny's Bordeaux Cherry Chocolate--our favorite these days. YUM.

#25. A new book to read.


#32 Bubba asked if I'd like to snuggle. I mean...how much longer will my boy want to snuggle?

Love this pic of Bubba with an unintentional lip print from me on his forehead. And man, do I love those freckles.

#40 The comforting embrace of my husband. This man is who I run home to after a day that has made me weary.


What are you thankful for?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

What a great list! We have been enjoying ice cream a lot at our house lately too. I'll have to give that flavor a try.

Beth said...

Yeay thanks for recognizing me. :) I wouldn't even blog if I hadn't started reading yours. Glad we're real-life and bloggie-life friends. :)

Karen said...

oh, I love ice cream too. I love hearing the birds in the morning to help me wake up. And sunrise and sunsets.....and....

Heidi Ostergaard Long said...

I love ice cream too. And I LOVE Same Kind Of Different As Me. Have you finished it? And I love the gratitude community...I've been doing it too now for about 3 months. God is good and there is so much to be thankful for. And I love you!

dawn said...

Heidi! Thanks for popping by! I hope you do again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails