Monday, January 18, 2010

One Thousand Gifts



I love reading Ann Voskamp's writing at Holy Experience. It's not a blog I try to keep up on...cause it's not the newsy kind of blog. It's one I read when I want to read slowly, savoring the beautiful words she writes and taking time to reflect. So, I just stumbled on her One Thousand Gifts community, and decided that since "giving thanks in all circumstances" is a life - target for me...I'd like to hop onboard.


I will try to post some of my gifts on Mondays, but will be numbering them in my journal. If I did my math right (I actually used to be a math major in college-ha!) then I think if I note 3-4 things a day, then I will be at 1000 within a year or so. I think that it will be easy in the beginning, but that it will get harder as the days go on and so many ongoing gifts will have been mentioned...it will be fun to see what effect being a person of intentional gratitude will have on my life.

Please join the challenge and let me know you are--if I have enough of my readers interested, maybe we could all link up. Or you could leave me your gratitude list in my comments each Monday. Get your gratitude on!!

3 comments:

Karen said...

Okay, my first one is: finding and following all my bloggie friends!

Christina Lee said...

I do this alot in my own brain--but to write it down would be even better!!

Nana Babs said...

Sounds like a life-changing challange and will gladly join with you in thanking God for all that He has given us. Loved that site--one thousand gifts. Missed talking yesterday. Also loved your blog about Bubba's chapel--hugs to you all, always with love, Nana Babs

Related Posts with Thumbnails