Who me? Really? Awww....shucks. Thanks.
Dale at Pyretic Ponderings selected me as a recipient for a Beautiful Blogger Award. Dale seems to love all things word-related (I use lots of words, that must be why she likes me--heehee) and her blog is an online journal of her daily life. She recently raved about the new Alice in Wonderland movie and made me want to see it--read her review here. She passes this on about the award:
As a recipient of the Beautiful Blogger Award, one should:
- Add a link and a note of thanks to the person giving the award
- Pass the award on to 15 bloggers whose blogs that you love
- Share 7 things about yourself
Okay, I'll play! I like awards!
Seven things about myself (I'll try to be a bit random here):
1. I am often late. Often. Late.
2. I grew up in New York--Long Island. I blame my bad grammar and bad habit of interrupting others on my heritage.
3. I live in Colorado and love the mountains and outdoors, but I hardly ever hike and I've never skiied. Pathetic!
4. I worked for seven years on Residence Life Staff at Wheaton College in IL--which means I lived in a Residence Hall with 500+ freshmen men and women that whole time. I was married throughout--and had my first child while I worked there. I LOVED it!!
5. I cook so we can eat, but I don't really love it. or like it. Well, eating, yes. Cooking, no.
6. One of my favorite scriptures is Genesis 50:20 from the end of Joseph's life. I don't ever hear people say that is one of their favs.
7. I don't like coffee or tea or hot chocolate or chai or mochacinnos or anything hip you can drink at a coffee shop. How is a girl supposed to socialize when she doesn't like such things??
The blogs I choose to receive the Beautiful Blogger Award are all blogs I read regularly, but you may not know of yet--if you have not visited them, check them out!
Like a Day Off
Coming Clean: Confessions of an Imperfect Parent
Beauty instead of Ashes
Life at 7000 feet
It's almost naptime!
Cathy's daily blog-o-rama
And I will praise you in this storm
The Other Mama
Thanks, Dale for the honor of this lovely award. Why anyone chooses to read and/or follow me is a mystery, but I am truly grateful for each one of you who click over to my little corner of bloggieland.