Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Poopy morning today. By 7 am it already was poopy.
Up too early. Feeling the hint of a cold, or a headache, or something. Tired. Tears before I got out of bed.
Feeling unappreciated, taken advantage of, blamed, like no matter how hard I try, I can't win...you know those days. The way-too-self-focused days. The poor-me days. Someone tell me that you have them too?
When they hit so early in the day--I can't just coast until bedtime (although it is tempting to get back in bed and start over!) in a bad mood. The day must be redeemed--cause it's a gift.
Here's what I'm gonna do:
* put praise music on while I finish getting dressed.
* take an advil sinus thingie. with diet coke. yes.
* take my vitamins.
* have a little something to eat.
* snuggle up with my Bible for a while and let God talk to me.
* put on my big girl panties and head into work...determined to be productive since there is much to cross off the list.
* be gentle with myself, and not beat myself up for having a poopy day. they happen.
* be thankful.
Here's to redeeming the day!
This is the day the LORD has made;
let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
What do you do to redeem a day gone south??