I thought it was time to lighten the mood a bit. My bloggie-friend (which means we haven't met in real life but I'm sure if and when we do we will laugh our heads off!) Hillary over at The Other Mama (check out her blog--it's super cute!) is starting a new blog-carnival today--called Friday Favorites. To join in, I'm supposed to post my favorite something. Could be anything.
My hubby thought I should post about my favorite husband. Good one, hon.
I thought and thought (for like FIVE whole minutes!)...and came up with my favorite....nothing. Nothing! Do I have no favorites??? Of course I do...think, brain-o-mine! I decided I needed my nighttime treat to help me think clearer. And then it came to me! Literally. In a mug.
I am going to post on...(the suspense is killing you isn't it?)... my favorite way to eat ice cream. Seriously, I am. It's all I got tonight, and I feel like being a little silly. So here we go (drumroll, please).
Dawn's favorite way to eat ice cream:
1) in a mug. (This was foreshadowed above--I'm fancy like that). Any type of mug is fine, although I really like my minnie mouse mug if you had to press me on it. I felt that was important to clarify in case you think I am completely apathetic about such important choices.
2) propped up in our bed, with my comfy pjs on, and my heated mattress pad warming the sheets. The ice cream chills me and I climb in the covers and it's all warm and toasty. Ohyes. The thermal joy of it all.
3) scooped and brought to me by my hubby. He has been the designated ice cream scooper throughout our marriage. I can wield an ice cream scoop as well...but my dad always did it for us when I was a kid, and now hubby does. It's pretty sweet, huh?
4) at the very end of the day. The closer to sleepy-time the better, cause you know, it's healthy to slam sugar and fat right before you go comatose for seven hours. And if we wanted to dream a bit, it's at the end of a day where I felt productive, and got everything done I meant to. But since that has only been known to happen in reality three times, I choose to enjoy it on other days as well.
5) watching something I love to watch on TV. It could be So You Think You Can Dance, American Idol, The Office (by the way, still recovering from Pam nursing the wrong baby tonight) or House. We also love to eat ice cream while we watch The Biggest Loser--cause we love irony. And yeah, I know..eating in front of the TV...late at night...breaks all the rules. Ohwell.
6) with my man next to me. Obviously.
7) with a surprise cookie on the bottom of the mug. Hubby does this every now and then to surprise me and it's love in cookie form. Or he's trying to fatten my up for some reason, which is one thing I don't need help with.
So there you have it. My favorite way to eat ice cream. If you think I sound like a sweet-toothed sloth--yeah, I resemble that remark. At least at 10 pm I do.
After this nightly ritual, I thought it only appropriate to also let you know my favorite workout video. Consider it a bonus.
Oh, and in case you are looking for something with a little more substance...follow Kristen as she writes from her Compassion Blogger trip to Kenya. I'm loving it.