Friday, November 18, 2011

thirty thankful days-day 18-my favorite girl


Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!

If you're keeping track...I missed a day of posting.  Some days are full and nights are late.  I was thankful, but didn't write about it.  I'm over it...and am on to today...

pickle on instagram
My daughter.  I find new things to love about her all the time.  Wednesday night we went out to dinner with an old friend of ours from college who was in town on business.  Throughout our dinner conversation, Pickle chatted happily with our friend.  I participated in the discussion, but the whole time part of my was sitting back and observing her as she shared her school experiences and her thinking about college and her future.

My thoughts?  She's so pretty--as she smiled big and brushed her hair from her eyes over and over.  She is so poised--casually talking with a 40-something year old man she sees about once every couple of years.  She is charming--she is beautifully animated as she speaks about her desire to work with kids, maybe kids with special needs, as a career.  I was enthralled with who she is and who she is becoming.

Last night we had our weekly long ride to her tutor's home.  And, because she is there, the music is on.  She's singing along, as always.  I love listening to her--whether she's belting out a ballad, or picking out harmonies to the various pop songs she's into.  I never tire of hearing her sing.



This girl-woman is quickly becoming a person I choose as a friend as well.  Her sense of humor and her caring heart make her a wonderful person to be around.  We laugh a lot together...and I value her opinion.

She's 15, and that makes some moments difficult.  In fact, there was one this morning.  {smile} Those moments are far outweighed by the wonderful ones.  Today I'm thankful for my beautiful, growing-up-too-fast daughter.

What are you thankful for today?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button yet.  I'm such a techy, huh?



1 comment:

Special K said...

I love Pickle too. :) SO glad I get to spend time with her!

Related Posts with Thumbnails