Sunday, November 27, 2011

thirty thankful days-day 27-puppy


Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!



Today I'm thankful for my pup, Patch.  God gave Patch to our family several years ago in a way that we knew he was a gift from above.  You can read about our quest for a family pet here--it's the story of my dog conversion.  And click here if you want to see some of my favorite pictures of my little furry friend.  You should...he's really cute.  :0)


Patch is always nearby.  He is usually curled up on whatever piece of furniture I'm sitting on...as long as he can find a way to squish himself in.  If we are relaxing on the couch...he's napping on top of us.  He loves to be pet and scratched and can be a bit pushy when he wants some lovin' but he lets up when we tell him to.  Lately he's been trying to get his head in between my hands and the keyboard when I type.  Other times he paws at it to get my attention.  I think he's trying to type too...there are things in that fuzzy head that apparently need to come out!  He often rests his chin on our legs...and looks up at us with his dark eyes.  He's pretty hard to resist at that point...
love me...
For someone who never wanted a dog, I sure do love this little guy.  He brings me company, warmth, joy and laughter.  And he's a reminder to me of God's abundant love.

What are you thankful for today?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button. 



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails