Thursday, November 24, 2011

thirty thankful days-thanksgiving


Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!


I've been up before everyone else this morning--cinnamon rolls and egg casserole are ready to go in the oven, and I'm enjoying the quiet before the celebration.  In the quiet I've been reflecting on how much I have to be thankful for...and I can't really wrap my mind around it.  I mean, really, I want for nothing.

Sure, I have my moments when I wish this was different, or we had more of that, or less of this.  Gratefulness is usually the cure for those moments.

So on this thanksgiving day, my heart overflows with thanksgiving not only for the obvious big blessings--faith, family, friends, health, a home, jobs and God's never ending grace and love--but the also for all of the smaller things I take for granted.  You know, the things that are easy to overlook because they are so normal...

~ an oven that works so we can cook
~ slippers and a robe for cold mornings
~ running water, hot showers and flushing toilets (really--imagine the alternative)
~ warm blankets
~ cars to drive and $ to put gas in them
~ the TV and the entertainment we can share as a family at home
~ a washing machine and dryer
~ my Bible
~ music and ways to play it, listen to it, enjoy it
~ cell phones and always being able to reach my family
~ a selection of clothes to wear
~ grocery stores loaded with food to choose from (I visited three yesterday!)
~ the internet and all the ways we use it everyday
~ my eyeglasses...and boy do I need them these days
~ the beautiful mountains I see each day (and sometimes don't notice)

I could go on and on.  The blessings--big and small, noticed and unnoticed--abound.  I'm thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

What are you thankful for today?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button. 


1 comment:

Special K said...

Bounty. We enjoy an amazing bounty of good things. Sometimes it stops me in my tracks if I think about it too much.
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails