Sunday, November 20, 2011

thirty thankful days-day 20-sunday comfies


Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!

As I sit to write my thankful post today there is much to be thankful for...but honestly, what comes to mind the most right now is how much I love changing into sloppy, comfy clothes on Sunday afternoons.

Working at a church makes Sunday morning a fun, fact-paced and energy-expending time.  We go early and leave late...and although I love it all, it usually feels (at least) like an 8 hour day by the time I come home.  So after all is said and done, and after we grab lunch out (most weeks), we walk in the door mid-afternoon and I change into the comfies.

Now, our church is casual.  I often wear jeans.  I still try to look on the dressier side of jeans though, and I often wear heels.  Still, I'm mostly comfortable--I really can't complain.  However, there is something to be said about putting on the yoga pants and a big soft t-shirt or sweatshirt, that says it's time to relax.  It says I'm not going anywhere the rest of the day.  It's a cue to my body that I'm off-duty.  Yeah, I might still do some laundry or pick up around the house...but the pace is slow.  It's different than the go-until-bedtime routine of the weekdays.  It's different than the errands-housework-and-soccer-game-type clothes of a Saturday.  These are cozy, and practically unpresentable.  For example, today I'm wearing grey soft yoga pants and a very large and VERY soft red and brown t-shirt that belongs to my hubby.   I'm quite a sight.  It's wonderful.

So, today, I'm thankful for cozy comfies for Sunday afternoons, and for the change of pace they represent.

What are you thankful for today?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button yet.  I'm such a techy, huh?



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails