Monday, November 7, 2011

thirty thankful days-day 7-a tissue paper bouquet



Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!


Yesterday was my birthday, and it was a lovely day.  I'm thankful today for one of my sweet birthday surprises--a whole bouquet of tissue paper flowers.



My dear friend Tamara, who also is part of our children's ministry team, coordinated the kids to each make me a flower.  They individually presented them to me with a hug.  On each flower is a paper leaf where they wrote a little birthday note to me.  Isn't that sweet?

some of the kiddos bringing me flowers
It was nice to be remembered, but what I'm really thankful for is what those flowers represent.  Each one represents a child that God has brought into my life, a child who God loves and who I get to love too.  Each crinkly, colorful stem represents a young person that I get to witness grow in their faith and love for God.  What a privilege!


One of my favorite messages was written by a six-year-old and reads, "Mrs Dawn, you keep on telling me my favorite story."  Yes, Thomas, I do.  And I will keep telling you it--it's the story of how much God loves you.


I also received a lovely card, which included an acronym from my name.  As Tamara read it out loud to me in front of the group, she got all choked up.  So, of course,  I choked up.  Crying on my birthday--good times!  Actually, it was a precious moment and I will treasure my giant card and my paper flowers--and thank God for the honor of walking alongside these precious ones on their faith journey.

Yes, I'm thankful today for a tissue paper bouquet.

What are you thankful for?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button yet.  I'm such a techy, huh?



3 comments:

Karen said...

Dawn, I smiled the whole way through that post! You have touched many lives. That is precious.

Bev said...

Wow... That's what is so important in life, investing in someones eternity!!

LeAnn said...

I love your birthday gift! What a precious gift from precious little ones!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails