Wednesday, November 9, 2011

thirty thankful days-day 9--love on a chain



Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!


As I mentioned before, Sunday was my birthday.  I had a lovely day in all ways.  The kids and Dave had some gifts for me.  A stinkin' adorable owl keychain and a beautiful watch.  Love 'em both--and they were much more than I expected.  But then Monday, when I got home from work, there was another package for me.  One of my presents had arrived a little late.  I thought they had already given me more than enough...but I'm so glad this package arrived.

In it was a beautiful Lisa Leonard necklace I've had my eye on for a while.  It's called the Family Tree necklace.  Isn't it pretty?


Some of the things I love about it: (and no, Lisa Leonard did not put me up to this...)

*  it's heavier than I thought.  I love how I can feel it's weight on my skin.
*  it's not perfectly round.  It looks handmade and it is.
*  it has all five of our names on it.  Including Aidan's.  I don't always know when it's appropriate to include him, but I'm so glad Dave did on this...


Now, I know I sound a little shallow, fussing over a necklace.  So let me tell you why I really love it...it's because Dave bought it for me.  Because he listened to me say how much I liked it.  Because to me, it represents his love, and our family's love.  It's the sentiment that means so much.

Honestly, this hasn't been the easiest year of our marriage.  Not the worst, but pretty hard.  For Dave to buy me something this sentimental makes me feel like he is still invested, still embracing this life we share.  When things get difficult, that is hard to feel sure of.  Not that a necklace solves or proves anything, but it feels like hopeful love to me.  It may not make sense to you, but it means a lot.

So, today, I'm thankful for this love hanging on a chain around my neck.

What are you thankful for?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button yet.  I'm such a techy, huh?


4 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I love that necklace Dawn! And I love that it is a symbol of hope for your marriage and family! Happy Birthday.

LeAnn said...

What a precious story and certainly now a forever treasure. I love those necklaces too. Happy Birthday again! Clearly you are much loved.

Special K said...

It's beautiful. :) Just like you.

Tina´s PicStory said...

beautiful chain! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails