Saturday, November 26, 2011

thirty thankful days-day 26-bring on Christmas!


Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!

Boy, I'm really slacking off on the thankful posts!  I honestly spaced it completely yesterday and most of today... full days of no-routine, and little computer time.  Sorry to those of you who are faithfully posting and wanting to link up!!

Today I'm thankful for the Christmas spirit!  You know--that little tingle of excitement you feel as you sense the holiday is really on it's way?  Well, I feel like my Christmas spirit has waned the last few years...I wanted to feel it, but it barely showed up.  I don't know if it was hubby's back issues, or letting myself get bogged down in to-dos or what...

However, it's back!  And I'm thankful!  I think the Christmas spirit is back for a few reasons.  One, I think I'm in a better place emotionally this year.  Can't really say why other than that I know God is working on my heart.  Two, this Christmas we are getting to see ALL of our family--both sides!  We just made the final decision and plans this weekend.  My side of the family is gathering here in Colorado the week before Christmas, and then we'll join Dave's side of the family in Minnesota for a late celebration.  What a treat to see everyone!  Three, I think I realized that the last few years I wasn't allowing myself to relax and relish the season until everything was "ready"--which never really happened.  There was always more to do, and I lived with the delusion that I could get it all done with enough time left over to reflect and enjoy.  This year, I'm enjoying as I go.  So the house only got partly decorated this weekend (I'd prefer it to be done) but I'm sitting and enjoying a Christmas movie with my kids.  There is always tomorrow, right?  Letting go of the shoulds and the have-tos really helps.
Pickle sporting a random christmas decoration.
this year's tree
Anyway, it's fun to have some shopping started, the tree up (didn't do it last year, remember?), and the travel plans made.  We've been listening to Christmas music and lighting yummy-smelling Christmas candles.  And I'm enjoying it, and am so thankful.

What did you do this weekend?  Shop? Decorate? Relax?

What are you thankful for today?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button. 

1 comment:

Special K said...

Glad you're into it! Yesterday I watched "elf", and today I watched "The Santa Clause". :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails