Tuesday, November 22, 2011

thirty thankful days-day 22-grandparents


Every day in November I am posting something I'm thankful for, and I would love to have you join me!  Link to your thankful post below, or write about it in the comments.  Let's be thankful together!

Today I'm thankful that my kids have wonderful grandparents.  We are blessed to have all four of our parents alive and well and involved in our kids' lives.

I've been thinking about this a lot recently, as two of the gals in my healing journey class have recently lost their moms, and I get to see glimpses of their grief and pain.  Then, earlier this month, my brother-in-law Matt lost his father to cancer.  He was relatively young, and it is very sad.  I can't imagine...

Today was grandparents' day at my kids' school.  Both of my parents, who live here in town, were able to go.  They've gone every year since Bubba started at the school three years ago.  Now they split up--one going to the high school with Pickle, and one goes to the elementary school with Bubba.  I think they enjoy it, and I know the kids enjoy hosting them and showing them their world.

Grandparent's Day 2009--all four grandparents with Bubba
My hubby's parents will be travelling from MN in early December just to be here for a few of the kids' events...they will take in a piano recital and a choir concert and maybe hit a few basketball practices.  It's pretty cool that they make the effort to be at our kids' things when then they can.

All four of my kids' grandparents are loving, interested, caring, praying grandparents.  Our kids are so very blessed.  Many kids do not have four grandparents--due to either broken families or death--one or more are missing.  And of the grandparents kids do have, not all are even close to as kind and generous as ours are.  We are so blessed.  But as a friend said in her post, I will not feel guilty about any of that...  but I will be thankful.

What are you thankful for today?  Link up or comment!  Let's fill up blogland with thankfulness!

A few simple instructions for the link up:
-please link to your specific thankful post--not just your blog
-please link back to theGoodlife in your post so others can join the fun!
-feel free to grab the 30 thankful days graphic--I haven't figured out how to make it a button yet.  I'm such a techy, huh?


2 comments:

Special K said...

I had 6 grandparents from when I was born, until they passed away (2002-2007). I think it took me longer than it should have to realize that not everyone has 6 grandparents! I just knew that I had always had them. :) Grandparents are a blessing, and I miss mine.

LeAnn said...

How wonderful! I remember Grandparents Day at my kids school. Only grandfather had already passed and my parents live a two day drive away. One came, and we just celebrated her 90th birthday this week! Such a blessing. Have a great Thanksgiving!

Related Posts with Thumbnails